Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use statistical software to perform statistical analyses for research studies.
- Provide technical assistance to collaborators with respect to statistical analyses of scientific data.
- Interpret research findings and assist with writing statistical methods descriptions for scientific manuscripts
- Format data, and develop and prepare reports, charts, tables, and other related documents and graphics.
- Plan and document computer data file structure; design and develop programs, manage and maintain complex statistical databases.
- Select data samples, prepare questionnaires and surveys, and conduct logic checks to maintain data quality.
- Participate in project planning and management with clients and other staff.
- May supervise data entry personnel and/or students on specific, project-related tasks.
Education and Experience:
Master’s or Doctoral degree in statistics or related field with at least 3-5 years of analytic experience including analysis of large/complex/longitudinal datasets.
- Knowledge of SAS programming and/or other statistical software, such as Stata or R; knowledge of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to plan, create, program and manage complex statistical databases.
- Experience with machine learning is a plus.
Special Position Requirements:
- Minimal travel required for trainings or presentation of research findings at scientific conferences
- Minimal weekend work required depending on deadlines
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of epidemiologic principles and statistical analysis methods required
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with others
- Ability to clearly communicate the results of work to others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to organize and coordinate work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment
Minimal physical demands