The Cooper Institute (CI) is seeking a quantitative researcher at the academic equivalent to an Associate Professor with a strong publication record with a thematic focus on the effects of lifestyle behaviors on health and longevity. An interest in healthy aging research using large established population-based datasets is an advantage. CI’s current research interests focus on physical activity, cardiorespiratory fitness, and other lifestyle behaviors as they relate to morbidity and mortality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Designs, develops, and conducts research for an ongoing observational cohort study.
- Directs lower level research scientists, statisticians, and analysts.
- Formulate and implement impactful research that will be published in top-tier journals.
- Analyze study data and prepares written and oral summary reports.
- Provide expertise in the field of research to other division members.
- Prepare reports and papers of completed projects for publication in refereed scientific journals, presentation to regulatory agencies or at conferences, and use in further research activities.
- Seeks extramural funding through governmental grants, foundations, institutes, and/or corporate sponsors.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Earned doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DrPH, ScD, etc.) in medicine, epidemiology, health service research, health economics, behavioral science or related discipline and demonstrated ability to publish in the peer-reviewed scientific literature and to seek extramural research funding.
- Experience or knowledge in the areas of preventive medicine, epidemiology, health service research, biostatistics, behavioral medicine, exercise science, exercise physiology, research methods with strong quantitative skills.
- 10+ years of experience in conducting original research and publishing peer-reviewed results.
Computer Skills, Licenses and/or Certifications:
- General computer literacy is expected (i.e., email communication).
- Knowledge and programing skills in statistical software such as SAS, Stata, and R, and in the use of databases, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
Please send resume/CV to HR@cooperinst.org.