This weekend many of us will be looking back to the past year and looking forward to 2012. We'll reflect on the changes we want/need to make and resolve do things like eat better, move more, and live well.
As you lay out your resolutions, take note that a new program launched by The Cooper Institute (CI) in January 2012 will help you follow through with your changes. Funded by the Cancer Prevention and Reseach Institute of Texas (CPRIT), www.TodayIWill.com is an interactive weight management website based on years of CI behavior modification research. Developed for healthcare providers, their patients, and the general public, Today I Will provides:
- Easy-to-use tools for:
- determining daily calorie needs;
- determining calories burned through lifestyle and structured activities;
- identify overweight, obesity, and risk for chronic diseases;
- setting realistic goals;
- breaking down barriers to change; and
- tracking progress toward eating better and moving more.
- Tailored activities and tips based on how ready you are to make lasting changes.
- Discussion forum for asking questions and sharing helpful weight management strategies.
- Success stories from participants of CI's lifestyle change programs.
- Exercise library with videos of "real people" performing 75 cardiovascular, strength, flexibility, and balance exercises.
- The Cooper Institute blog, with over 4 years of searchable weight loss, physical activity, and healthy eating articles based in science and written by leading experts in the field.
Based on the concept that small changes can lead to big results over time and that every day is a chance to change, Today I Will
will inspire you to make choices that will lead to better health in 2012. Rather than rehashing the recommendations of eating more fruits and vegetables and exercising for 150 minutes a week, Today I Will
focuses on the bigger picture including breaking down your barriers to healthy choices; finding time for healthy behaviors; planning ahead for risky situations; and staying committed. We all know we need to consume fewer calories and more healthy, whole foods and spend more time being physically active. The real challenge is doing it... and keeping it up.
To be notified of Today I Will's launch, go to www.TodayIWill.com and submit your email address. We're looking forward to helping you achieve your goals in 2012!